The best way to support your back-to-school SignUps is a multichannel approach giving parents many options to identify their interest -- wherever they are, at any time:
- Before school starts, create a Committee Picker SignUp Sheet/ Volunteer Interest Form listing all the ways parents can pitch in and committees they can choose to join. Post the Shareable Invitation Link to the Interest Form SignUp on your website and in newsletters, Facebook, group texts (via Remind), etc.
- If you're ready, you can set up individual SignUp calendars for each committee (e.g. Drop-off volunteers, Health Screeners, Cafeteria volunteers, Library Volunteers, Office Helpers, Carnival Committee, Book Fair, etc.) and post the SignUps to a custom School Group Page. Publish the Group Page link ahead of time in your school communication channels and post a sign with a QR Code asking parents to pitch-in where parents will see it (think the office, gym and drop-off line). Parents can first choose where to pitch-in and then select their specific schedule, with just a few clicks from any device.
Does your school host a live back-to-school event where parents sign up for committees, going table to table in a large auditorium? If so – these tips will come in handy:
- Post a slide or poster with the SHAREABLE SignUp Invitation Link and QR Code for each committee’s SignUp. Parents can scan the QR code with their smartphone camera right at the table and then choose their Spots on their own device screens. Its super easy - when you set up your SignUp, we send a printable QR code for each SignUp along with your Organizer's notification email from email@example.com titled, "Invitation Preview and Shareable Link".
- If you still have parents who prefer signing up on paper SignUp sheets, no problem - the Reports tab of each SignUp has a printable SignUp Sheet ready for you! Once parents have signed up, we make it easy to input assignments directly into your SignUp.com SignUp and we’ll remind parents when it is their turn to help. Please see: How to Make Assignments from Paper SignUp Sheets
- On laptops/computers - you may Bookmark the SignUp’s SHAREABLE SignUp link (URL) for each individual SignUp at each committee station. After one person signs up and saves their spots, then click the bookmark so the next person starts at the email entry screen and can then sign up. Note: NEVER GO BACK from one person's confirmation page directly into the SignUp choices - or the next parent will overwrite the first parent's assignments.
BONUS – download and print this SignUp station poster – just put the name of each committee and QR Code in the ‘cloud’ and put a poster at each table so parents know where to go. Click below to download a poster you can use.
Best of luck and have a fantastic school year!