At SignUp.com, we offer two basic ways for you to recruit and invite participants to sign up for your activity:
- Private Invitation: Enter email addresses directly and SignUp.com will send personal invitations.
- Shareable SignUp Link or Button: Paste a Shareable Invitation Link anywhere - in your own email message or email group (listserve), newsletter, Facebook page, Twitter, or on a website or blog. We also offer an embeddable pre-coded HTML SignUp button.
Please watch this quick video to review your invitation options:
If you are in the process of creating a new SignUp, the Planning Wizard will guide you in choosing your invitation options. If you have already created a SignUp, click the Manage>Invite link (from your Dashboard or My SignUps tab) to open your SignUp on the Invite options.
This will reveal several options for inviting your participants and look like this:
To send Private Invitations coded to each person's email address, check Send Email Invites through SignUp.com.
You may either enter email addresses individually or quickly copy/paste them from another source like a spreadsheet, in batches of 150 at a time.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT SEND PRIVATE INVITATIONS TO EMAIL GROUPS OR LISTSERVES (e.g. YahooGroups, GoogleGroups).
Note: You may invite people from any previous SignUp.com activity you organized using the pull-down menu, Add From Previous SignUp.
- Any size group (even more than 150) will be added automatically.
- If you add from multiple previous Signups, people listed in more than one roster will only receive one invitation.
Shareable Invitation Link
To paste a Shareable Invitation Link anywhere (in your own email message or email group (listserve, YahooGroup), Facebook page, Twitter, or on a website or blog), please check one or more of these options:
- Get a Shareable Link
- Invite on Facebook or Twitter
- Put a Button on a Web Site
Note: Anyone clicking a Shareable SignUp Link may enter their email address and sign up for your activity -- it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to screen and approve participants, parents and volunteers.
Button for Website: This html code must be entered in the 'html editor' of your website, blog or newsletter, not in the 'rich text' editor.
May I mix it up?
You bet! Please use any or all of the SignUp and recruiting methods that work best for your group. We find the more ways you give participants access, the more that signup!
NOTE: If you put a list of SignUps on a Group Page, there is a shareable invitation option for the Group Page. Please see: How do I invite people to sign up on my Group Page?
NOTE: To send invitations to multiple SignUp at once or to participants on all SignUps posted to your Group Pages, please choose Advanced Messaging from the My Tools Menu.