SignUp.com offers two electronic calendar subscription options (.ics) for Organizers. You can either sync participant assignments to your personal electronic calendar or you can sync the entire SignUp to an embeddable Calendar on a website or blog. Syncing instructions are below for each option. (If you're a Participant wanting to sync your own assignments to your personal electronic calendar, please click here.)
To get your custom calendar subscription (.ics syncing code), please log in to SignUp.com and open your SignUp to the Settings tab of your Organizer view. First find your SignUp and click Manage>>Settings from your Dashboard to access the Settings tab, then choose the Calendar Subscriptions option.
Next, you have a couple of choices to make:
Personal Calendar: This calendar subscription is synced to your personal e-calendar so you can quickly see who has signed up for each Spot so you know who to expect when. You have the option to choose whether you want the Participant's contact information (email and phone) to show in each calendar entry as well as the Participant's name. (See below: Check "Show Participant Contact Information" to activate this option.)
Published Calendar: The calendar subscription is synced to a calendar embedded on your website (typically a free Google calendar -learn more here). Participants choose the date they want to pitch-in on the embedded calendar then click a SignUp link to preview activity details and choose their Spots. You have the option to display Participant names of people already signed up for others to see. (See below: Check "Include Participants in Spots" to activate this option.)
Once your options are chosen and saved, your custom calendar subscription .ics links will be displayed. Copy the subscription link you want to use and follow the instructions below to sync it with your calendar.
SignUp Calendar Syncing Instructions - common calendar types:
It’s easy to sync your SignUp information to any electronic calendar, on any device. In some applications such as iCal and Outlook 2007+, clicking on the subscription URL will automatically launch the calendar application and the subscription dialog appears. If that is not the case, you need to copy the calendar sync URL and paste it in the subscription address field of the calendar application. Here are instructions for the most common calendars:
- Open Google Calendar.
- On the left side, find "Other calendars" and click the down arrow .
- Select Add by URL.
- Enter the calendar's address in the field provided.
- Click Add calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars."
Note: It might take up to 24 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
Also see Google’s instructions here
- Open File, select New Calendar Subscription
- Paste the URL you copied from your Teamup Calendar feed, click Subscribe
- On the next screen, edit the name, etc. and choose the auto-refresh frequency (from every 5 min. to every week). Click OK.
Also see Apple's instructions here
iPad / iPhone
For iPhone users, in most cases tapping the iCalendar feed URL will launch the calendar application and the feed subscription dialog appears. If that is not the case, follow these steps:
- On the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account, then Other.
- Choose Add Subscribed Calendar.
- Enter the URL of the Calendar you want to subscribe to.
- Tap Next to advance.
- After you subscribe to Calendar, it appears just like any other calendar on your iPhone or iPad.
Outlook (with Exchange)
- In Outlook, click File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- On the Internet Calendars tab, click New.
- Paste the URL you copied from your SignUp, by pressing CTRL+V, and click Add.
- In the Folder Name box, type the name of the calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook, and then click OK.
Note: When you start Outlook, it checks Calendar for updates and downloads any changes. If you keep Outlook open, it also periodically checks for and downloads updates. However, Outlook (and many other calendars as well) may not update for up to 48 hours!
- Go to Calendar and click Import
- Select Subscribe and paste the URL address you copied from the SignUp, name it, and click Subscribe.