SignUp.com makes it easy to reuse plans from last season to create a fresh SignUp for this season. You have the option to Duplicate the SignUp and create a totally new SignUp (with a new Shareable Invitation URL), or to Reset your existing SignUp to new date(s), keeping the same URL. (NOTE: If you have a year-round SignUp calendar and want to extend it into the future by adding additional dates, click here to see this help article for instructions.)
A. Duplicating a SignUp (most common)
To reuse plans from a prior SignUp, please follow this sequence:
1. Login and go to the My SignUps area of your Dashboard or Organize tab to find your SignUp. (If you can't find the SignUp you are looking for, change the Filter By option at the top of the page to show 'Past SignUps' or 'Archived SignUps'.)
2. Find your SignUp and to the right of the SignUp title, and choose the Tools > Duplicate option.
3. Add a New Name for the SignUp and then choose to Duplicate All Spots, to replicate the SignUp with all Spots on the same date(s); or Move Spots To New Start Date creating all Spots on (a) new date(s).
- Give the SignUp a new name that will not be confused with the previous one. For example, Welcome Booth 2021 becomes Welcome Booth 2022.
- Individual Participant assignments and SignUp rosters will BE REMOVED. It's easy to invite people from a prior SignUp or Contact list to the new SignUp, here's how.
- A NEW Shareable Invitation Link (URL) will be generated for the duplicated SignUp.
- You will be the Primary organizer of the new SignUp.
- If you have an annual event, please make sure the prior SignUp has just one year's worth of planned dates on it. (If you duplicate a SignUp with a multi-year history, the new SignUp will list multiple years going forward.) To delete a prior year's planned dates first, please see: How do I delete days with in my SignUp?
4. Choosing to Move Spots To New Start Date creating all Spots on (a) new date(s).
If you're duplicating plans for a single-day even, such as a July 4th picnic, you will choose July 4th in the new year as the new Start Date. If your plans span multiple dates, you will want to match the first day of the week with the same day in the new calendar. For example, if the prior month-long SignUp started on Monday, August 3, set the new Start Date as the first Monday in August (matching Monday to Monday, and not August 3 to August 3).
NOTE: If you have multiple years planned on the past SignUp, do NOT use Duplicate, unless you delete all but one year planned dates. If you need to delete a previous year's dates first, please see: How do I delete days with in my SignUp?
SignUp.com will refresh your SignUp with new dates for this year. You can then fine-tune your plans.
- Spots Tab: click on any date to change the number of Spots or make assignments for people.
- Details Tab: click to change the Welcome Message and/or organizer contact information
- Invite Tab: to invite people from last year's SignUp, choose to send Invite Email and choose to invite people from last year's SignUp using the "Invite from Previous Activity pull-down". You can also edit your invitation message and set your organizer notification preferences here.
B. Reset your SignUp
Resetting your SignUp works similarly to duplicating your SignUp in that you can quickly rename the SignUp and set a new start date.
- Participant list and individual assignments will BE REMOVED. It's easy to invite people from a prior SignUp or Contact list to the new SignUp, here's how.
- The SignUp's Shareable Invitation Link (URL) will remain the same.
- The Original SignUp will be automatically archived and can be restored at any time.
- You will be the Primary Organizer of the new SignUp.
- All SignUp plan details and dates will be retained, including past Spots. Please DELETE past dates to keep the SignUp performing quickly for your group.