Planning parent-teacher conferences is easy with SignUp.com – teachers will love how much time we save getting organized and parents appreciate simple SignUps and reminders. This short video will show you how:
NOTE: For whole schools, we offer a concierge service at a nominal fee and can import your entire teacher roster and conference appointments within 2 business days. See the details in this help article: Parent Teacher Conferences - Concierge Service Now Available to Set Up Schedules for the Whole School
Getting Started: Planning Your Conference Schedule
- To begin, click on from your Dashboard to plan a new SignUp.
- Complete the first step choosing the SignUp Kind: Single or Multiple Days and Category: Parent-Teacher Conferences.
**If you are holding remote conferences, put your meeting link in the Location field. This information will be sent on all Confirmation and Reminder emails.
- Screen two prompts you to Add New Spots by clicking, the +Create New Spot Button:
Add a Spot
Complete this section as if you would be telling someone when you need parents to attend as if you are speaking to them. We think you'll find it easy to answer the questions and proceed with adding all your Spot details.
Step 1. What do you want people to sign up for?
- Using the light blue entry fields, enter your first conference appointment - you will likely want 1 person to attend your Parent Conference at a given time.
- Then, click the orange Add Shifts button to add multiple conference appointments at once. (these can then be copied to multiple days in Step 2, if needed.)
- Using the pull-down menus, first choose the day's start time and end time, then the conference appointment length and if you want a break time in between appointments.
- The lower part of the screen will automatically show the conference appointments that will be created. Edit your entries until you are satisfied with the results. The black X will delete any single appointment in the series, for example if you want a lunch break.
- Click Apply and all conference appointments will be added to your SignUp in one step. In the example above we are adding 15 minute conference appointments from 2pm to 5pm with a 5 minute break in between each one.
Step 2: What day(s) does this Spot happen?
Select the date of your conference (or multiple dates) by clicking on the calendar - a date will turn green when the Spots are added.
Step 3: Add extra details (optional)
- This information will show on all Spots when parents are signing up and will be included on their Confirmation and Reminder messages, automatically sent by SignUp.com.
- Some ideas include adding parking information, a link to a pre-conference check list, a virtual meeting link, your room number, or any additional information that will be helpful.
Click Save at the bottom of the screen to add this conference series to your SignUp.
Want to add more Conference Spots? Clicking the Add a Spot button again and answer the prompts. Once you get started, it will be quick to proceed through the steps.
If you need to make Parent Teacher Conferences for an entire Grade or School, please see: