If you already have paper SignUp sheets or want to give people specific assignments, SignUp.com makes it easy! You may even make assignments for people without email addresses. Please watch this quick video for guidance or scroll down for more detail:
To make assignments for people (with or without email addresses) from your computer, please follow these instructions:
1. Open the Spots tab of your SignUp's Organizer view.
Login and find the My SignUps menu of your Dashboard or Organize tab then click the SignUp title to open the Organizer view. On the next screen, select the Spots tab. (Scroll down for instructions on adding assignments on a mobile device)
2. Select the date where you wish to make the assignment.
Click on a date on the Calendar View or go to List View.
3. Find the Spot (job, shift, meeting, item) to assign.
Click the arrow next to the date to reveal all the Spots for that date. Select the one you want to make the first assignment for and click on it to reveal the blue menu choices to the right of the Spot name.
4. Make Assignment.
Open the assignment screen by clicking the blue Assign link then use the pull-down menu to Choose a Participant. You may either select a person already on your Participant list, or add someone new here.
A. Assign a Participant that is already on the SignUp
Type in partial name or email to see matches on the list and select the name from the pull-down menu.
B. Add a New Participant
When entering an Assignment for a New Participant, select Add a New Participant from the pull-down menu. The email address is optional. In addition, you will be completing the Custom Participant Questions, if they are requested on this SignUp.
- If you see this message, "The participant already exists for this SignUp - cannot be added again", please select the Participant from the pull-down menu instead of adding them manually.
- If you're making assignment for people sharing email addresses, please see: Making Manual Assignments for Participants Sharing an Email Address
C. Assign a Participant from a Prior SignUp or Contact List
Use the Assign From pull-down menu to access prior SignUp Participant lists of Contact Lists you have previously created. See: How Do I Import Emails or Create Contact Lists?
Participants with email addresses will automatically receive an Assignment Notification message and Reminder messages from SignUp.com. You will be notified of people without email addresses on the "Reminders Sent" email you receive when reminders are sent.
Adding Assignments on a Mobile Device
Working in the Spots tab of the SignUp's Organizer view:
1. Select the date where you wish to make the assignment.
2. Find the Spot (job, shift, meeting, item) to assign.
3. Click +Assign Participant
4. Search for and choose the Participant to Assign or Add a New Participant
Assignment Notifications are batched every 30 minutes, so participants receiving more than one assignment will only get one notice with all their new assignments listed.
To disable automatic Assignment Notifications, please change your Organizer email preferences in the Invite tab. Set the option “Notify participants when spots are changed” to NO. How do I change my SignUp's Organizer Email Preferences?
If you're making assignment for people sharing email addresses, please see: Making Manual Assignments for Participants Sharing an Email Address
Please also see: