If you already have paper SignUp sheets or want to give people specific assignments, SignUp.com makes it easy! You may even make assignments for people without email addresses. Please watch this quick video for guidance or scroll down for more detail:
iPad Users: If you have already planned your SignUp(s), have many assignments to make AND all participants have email addresses – the fastest way to enter assignments is using our FREE app: Clipboard by SignUp.com for iPad. Learn More Here
To make assignments for people (with or without email addresses) from your computer, please follow these instructions:
1. Find your SignUp (in your Dashboard or My SignUps tab). Click the Manage link and select Spots/Status to access your Organizer view.
2. Click on a date on the Calendar View or go to List View.
3. Find the Spot (job, shift, meeting, item) you want to make the first assignment for and click on it to reveal the menu choices at the right.
4. Click the blue Assign link to open the assignment screen then use the pull-down menu to Choose a Participant. You can either select a person already on your Participant list, or add someone new here.
5. Enter the person’s contact information and choose the number of Spots.
Participants with email addresses will automatically receive an Assignment Notification message and Reminder messages from SignUp.com. You will be notified of people without email addresses two days before their assignment so you can make reminder calls yourself.
Assignment Notifications are batched every 30 minutes, so participants receiving more than one assignment will only get one notice with all their new assignments listed.
To disable automatic Assignment Notifications, please change your Organizer email preferences in the Invite tab. Set the option “Notify participants when spots are changed” to NO.
Please also see: