Participant Check-in is a Premium feature (Plan and Max level premium accounts) supporting several scenarios when you want to validate participation or formally track hours on your SignUps. It’s very helpful for both large events like carnivals, races and service days, and for every-day check-in to track people volunteering at schools, churches, call centers, etc. With Participant Check-in, you can:
- Manually check in participants and volunteers on event day from multiple mobile devices or computers
- SignUp Walkups (optional)
- Virtually allow participants to self check in on their shift day
- Follow up with participants to validate they attended an activity or event to capture their hours for reporting purposes
How Participant Check-in Works
Access this feature from the My Tools tab on your computer, or click Participant Check-in when you login on your Smartphone then follow three basic steps:
1 - Choose your SignUp(s)
2 - Select Options
3 - Check-in Participants
Step 1: Choose Your Signup(s)
Choose one or more SignUps for which you’d like to initiate check-in and click Next:
Step 2: Select Options
The next screen lists Check-in Options that may be helpful to you. You may choose one or more of these, or none.
- Support Walkups – allow new participants to sign up on-the-spot
- Participant Verification - automatically send an email after the event date(s) asking participants who did not check in to verify their own hours
- Participant Self Check-in – Send an email prompting participants to check in themselves
Step 3: Check-in Participants
You are now ready to check in people; click Get Started to begin. Options at the top of the screen are to search by Participant record, by Spot (job/shift), or to Share the Check-in application with others.
Check in by Participant (default)
In the blue Participants tab, scroll to the participant’s name or search for a participant by Name or Email address.
Check in by Spot
In the green Spots tab, scroll to or search for a specific Spots (shifts/jobs, etc.). The screen will show number of people already checked in/total spots filled.
Tap on the Spot title to see the participant(s) assigned to this Spot and choose a name to check-in that person. If you have enabled Walkups in Options earlier, you will also be able to add new Participants from this screen.
Want others to help with Check-in?
The orange Share button at the top of the screen lets you invite others to help with Check-in from their own devices. Click it and email or text the URL link to your Check-in team. The Enable button here will turn the experience on and off for them.