Planning single-day SignUps is easy with SignUp.com. Our simple Planning Wizard will guide you:
- To begin planning a SignUp, click on from your Dashboard.
- Complete the first field, SignUp Kind: Single or Multiple Days. Complete the basic Details and click Next at the bottom of the screen. For more information on the Details tab options, see: Tour of My SignUps Details Tab
- Screen two of the Planning Wizard prompts you to Add New Spots to your SignUp by clicking, the +Create New Spot Button:
Spots can be anything someone can sign up for, such as things to...
- Do - like a specific job or shift
- Bring - like food or supplies
- Attend - like a conference or meeting appointment
- Pay for - like fees, dues, items for sale, or contribution levels
This article shows how to add things to Do, to Bring or to Attend. Spots for Collect-Money-only SignUps are defined in the Details tab or by clicking the Contributions tab of an already planned SignUp. Learn More
Add a Spot
Complete this section as if you would be telling someone what you need when you are speaking to them. We think you'll find it easy to answer the questions and proceed with adding all your Spot details. Give it a try now!
If you prefer more guidance, below is detailed information about each step you'll see in the Add a Spot window.
1: What do you want people to sign up for?
Each light blue entry field captures your Spot information.
- First, choose how many people you wish to have sign up for this Spot, it can be any number or Unlimited.
- Choose what kind of Spot this is - something for people to "do or attend" or something to "bring".
- Enter the Spot description that will show as the item title when people sign up.
- Choose when this spot happens - a start time, start and end time, or no specific time.
- Select Quick Entry Options: Add Another or Add Shifts (orange buttons)
makes it easy to add more Spots to this day that will share the same extra details (added in step 3 - like a map link, food allergy information or parking instructions). This is helpful when planning a party or potluck or where you have several items to add to your SignUp, all having the same general details.
makes it easy to create a series of shifts on the same day(s). Click here to add shifts for any job, or for a series of conference, interview or office hour appointments.
NOTE: If Spots have different extra details, complete steps 2 and 3 for this Spot and click Save at the bottom of the page before adding a new Spot.
Create a number of shifts all in one step by clicking Add Shifts. The example above is adding 3, 2-hour shifts between noon and 6pm.
- Using the pull-down menus, first choose the day's start time and end time, then the shift length and if you want a break time in between shifts.
- The lower part of the screen will automatically show the shifts that will be created. Edit your entries until you are satisfied with the results. The black x will delete any single shift in the series, for example if you want a lunch break. Click Apply when you are ready to continue.
Continue adding Spots or shifts as many times as you need for this batch of shifts that share the same extra details (you will enter extra details in step 3).
Step 2: What day(s) does this Spot happen?
Select the date of your event by clicking on the calendar - a date will turn green when the Spots are added.
The text below the calendar will show you a summary of how many total Spots you are adding to the SignUp so you can make adjustments if needed.
3: Add Extra Details (optional)
This is a place to add anything important about your event or about these Spots and is helpful for several reasons:
- Extra Details display when participants choose their Spot(s) - consider adding things like food allergy information, where to park, or dress code
- This information is included in all automatic confirmation and reminder emails
- You can add important links to documents, maps or videos stored in 'the cloud' - files from Dropbox, Google Drive, YouTube, Google maps, or your website.
Click Save at the bottom of the screen to add this Spot or batch of Spots to your SignUp.
Want to add more Spots? Clicking the Add a Spot button again and answer the prompts. Once you get started, it will be quick to proceed through the steps.
Happy with all your Spots? Click Next to finalize your SignUp by choosing a creative background theme then invite people to sign up or make manual assignments for them.
Learn fast-track tips for planning these special single-day SignUps:
Parties, Potlucks and Community Meals
Giving Tree, Adopt-a-Family, and Group Gifts